One Lavish Vacation = 10 Cheap ones.
If you are reading this article then you will find many mistakes because I am not a pro in writing. so bear with it. I hope you find it useful as an experience. :P.
They say vacations are must. Vacations will revive and relish your mood. So I started taking vacations every 6 months to different places which will not cost me huge. Yet, they dint work the way I thought they would do. At the end of every vacation I used to feel tired, exhausted and happy for coming back to my bed. Then I had a thought is there any mistake in my vacation planning or it is not the right time to visit the place. So I thought to take a lavish vacation which is going to cost me double than the normal. But I couldn’t do that (Budget Issues). Recently I got a chance to visit Kerala with my brother and his Japanese colleagues. They were not going to settle for normal hotels and cheap cars.
I had to plan by talking to a travel agent and have him booked us flights, beautiful resorts and a comfortable van( we are 8 people). The quote was around 40,000 INR including flights, breakfast, resorts for 6 days. For a student and a middle class guy it is very expensive I could have covered whole state with that money rather than few places. They were comfortable and my brother was paying for me. Yet I wasn’t excited for vacations because i have got a great experience to not finding them comfortable.
The D-Day arrives and we had to fly to Kerala and our vacation started with a warm welcome and nice car given to us. Skipping the whole part of vacation, which is not i want to talk about. I felt very happy, relieved and revived. This vacation was a dream come true.
Now, I lay back and think about the difference in the previous ones and this one. Here are few things I noticed.
Important Point: I take holidays to feel fresh not to explore or do adventure. Comfortable places, good food and nice resorts lift my spirits and I go back to my normal life with a dash of excitement and energy ( P.S I felt this after this vacation)
- Best Hotels light up your mood. You feel delighted because you have come all the way to feel it. Small things like good service and great food , comfy bed and good view can bring peace and detox me.
- Don’t hurry up or wake up early. There might be good things to see but you have come to be lay back and feel free. so plan accordingly ” DON’T HURRY”. Make the most out of your resort and comfy beds.
- Street Food and City exploration is good but have time to sit at nice hotel enjoying traditions cuisine with some wine too. You don’t have to sit in a non comfortable place to save a buck or just that it is popular in the town.
- Don’t over see or over do things on vacation. Don’t try to cover everything. You have come to have a changeover not to make Guinness books of world record to watch every spot in the place. Enjoy the place, you might miss few things but you will not miss being yourself.
- Every little comfort matters. Someone carrying your luggage, getting you nice food, staying in a room with nice view, eating great food, comfortable vehicle, weather conditions and above all fresh air. All these can help you in cleansing your mood and make you go back to your normal life with a fresh energy and happy feelings.
I felt very happy and now i understand about holidays. This is not a wanderer or a traveler. This is for the people who get stressed of their day to day lives and need a break. A proper break needs a good planning and some money to. But it is worth it. Consult a travel agent and do not get stressed to plan all the travel. Just find few blogs and get info from that. Make your agent do your work. I hope this article helped. Pardon my English.
Thank You For Reading. Please Like, Share and Don’t Forget to Comment. 🙂